Old May 28th 04, 06:55 PM
Tanuj Shah

Tony Rickard wrote:

> Also what real world fuel economies are JTD drivers getting bearing in mind
> I will now be doing a lot of motorway miles. The V6 gets into the low
> thirties on a motorway run, low twenties every where else.

My father has the 2.4 JTD - 150bhp version (Euro III). They were all the
same engines I think, just a different ECU map to attract company car
drives with lower CO2 tax bands.

He gets 600 miles with a full 60 litre full tank. That is with the
Climate Control always on and about 80% motorway, 20% fast urban
(moving, not idle much).

> I'm still rather old fashioned when it comes to diesels, clattery things
> that run out of revs half way round the rev counter...

You can tell it's a diesel on idle, but the huge amount of torque makes
it so practical to drive. For someone who does a lot of motorway miles
it makes sense.

HTH, T.