Old July 8th 05, 01:26 AM
maxpower

"troubledterry" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> The distributor was not torn up, only the inside. I replaced the

dstributor
> cap, rotor, and the pickup coil and then didn't get a spark, so I am now
> replacing the timing belt, but I don't know how to set the marks because I
> can't find a book that tells me about the 2.5 motor and how to set the
> timing marks. When I said I didn't get a spark, that was after replacing
> the other things, so I bought a timing belt. I haven't, installed it
> because of the timing marks. Is it possible that you might have something
> that you can send me to show me what to do. Thanks for your help.

Ok, make sure #1 piston is up on TDC 0 degrees, looking thru the hole on the
trans you will see the mark on the flywheel and the degrees on the
bellhousing. make sure the distributor is pointing to number 1 plug wire (on
the cap) and the cam shaft gear will have a small hole in it, make sure
that hole is up towards the sky, you will see to arrows on the gear in the
center, line those up with the cam shaft cap straight
-------- at the point wear the cap meets the mating surface of
the head.
good luck
Glenn Beasley