Old March 13th 05, 11:06 PM
hachiroku

Default '92 Voyager Windshield Wiper

Reposted from al.dodge...

Another engineer I'd like to punch in the nose, but that's for another
thread:

1992 Plym Grand Voyager: this morning in a raging snowstorm the pass
side windshied wiper stopped working. It appeared as though (from the
sound) the linkage came undone. I removed the cowling, etc and found
that was just what happened. The assembly is the wiper, a thing that
looks like a knob with a shaft on it, and the end of the shaft is
knurled. There was also a spring washer resting under the whole mess in
the cowling.

I pressed it all back together using two blocks of wood. The way it
went together I didn't think it was ever coming apart again. It lasted
all of 27 minutes.

What is supposed to attach to the bottom of the splined shaft? is there
a screw or clip I'm missing, or is it perhaps just worn to the point
where it doesn't hold anymore?

TIA