Old July 25th 05, 05:49 AM
Jim Warman

Stop now, before you kill anything. Either take it to someone qualified or
spend some time learning about the system.... this WILL involve PURCHASING
manuals and READING them. If it was all that f*cking simple, do you think
I'd have a job?

Don't mind me, I'm just feeling "verbose".

Remove and hit it a few times.... it didn't work with my hot water tank....
didn't work with the TV..... didn't work with the toaster (though the flames
were kinda nifty)... and it didn't work with the leak in that rear tire.....
I feel qualified to say that hitting broken things may only make them
brokener (is that a word?).

On the off chance that giving a failed part a whack will make it work again
(and it does happen), you will find that you will soon have to give it
another whack. After that, the whacks will increase in frequency and the
part will finally fail catastrophically.... usually taking out some very
expensive, very innocent parts in the process. But that's OK.... I fix this
stuff for a living and, if you ignore my advice, someones profit margin will
benefit.

oups.com...