Old July 17th 05, 03:42 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, NoName wrote:

> I purchased some headlamps from a local auto store, not a chain. They
> are usually busy, but not too busy. someone is usually in buying
> something. Anyway, I purchased two low beam headlamps, and the box was
> WAGNER, the headlamps were Phillips? or maybe it was Philips (only one
> l) So are Wagner headlamps made by Phillips? or did someone "replace"
> the wagner bulb with a wrong brand, and I got to be the rube?

You're fine, don't worry about it. The majors (Sylvania, GE, Philips,
Wagner) buy and sell amongst one another all the time, especially (but not
exclusively) on slower-moving items. Philips quit making sealed beams
years ago. They still sell them...GE sealed beams in Philips boxes! And
most of Wagner's European-type bulbs are German-made Narva units.

DS