Old May 26th 04, 12:11 AM
RapidRon

Chris,

Thanks for the thought, but this is a drive-by-wire throttle, that is, an
electronic wire. There is no cable. The throttle is moved by an electric
motor. It's all software magic - bad magic, in this case!

OOPS!!! I posted as a 1991 A4! I meant 2001. I don't think there was an
A4 in 1991, was there?

--
Remove "No-Spam" from return address to reply
"Christoph Bollig" > wrote in message
> > >From: "RapidRon"
> > >
> > >I posted about this a little while ago, but still need more info.
> > >
> > >My newly-acquired 1991 A4 2.8Q (14,000 miles) has very erratic, jerky

and
> > >unpredictable throttle response, especially when starting from a stop.

> > >never know how it will respond. My wife nearly had an accident due to
> > >throttle delay, and I hate driving in close quarters, like when

parking.
> > >The car is likely to do nothing at the first application of throttle,

then
> > >leap ahead. It's impossible to provide smooth acceleration, unless you
> > >apply the throttle so slowly and carefully that you are willing to be

the
> > >last one away from the traffic light, with the car behind eating your
> > >bumper. Mid-range throttle is better, but still poor, compared to any

other
> > >car I've driven.
> > >
> > >The dealer had the car for a day, and said it was "normal". Screw

that --
> > >if it's normal, I want them to buy it back! They did a throttle

adaptation
> > >(I think) and that seemed to help a tiny amount (maybe) for a short

time,
> > >but then it was back to the old tricks. I'm beginning to hate driving

this
> > >otherwise-nice car.
> > >
> > >I've read other complaints about something similar -- mainly throttle

lag --
> > >in various forums, but haven't read of anything exactly like this, nor

of a
> > >fix. HELP!!!!

> > I have seen things from soft/broken motor mounts to broken/cracked boots

to the
> > throttle body causing problems like that. Something might shift

unexpectedly