Old October 10th 04, 02:45 PM
Mr. Elbe

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:17:02 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>If the air is blowing from the another outlet but not the one you
>wanted......the Mode Control motor is probably faulty, removing the front
>part of the dash and console if equipped will have to be removed to access
>the motor
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech
>"B A Kodiak" > wrote in message
>> Hello list
>> I have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid. Recently I have been having A/C issues. I

>had the
>> evaporator and hoses rebuilt last spring, now the fan is acting odd. This

>is
>> the 3.0 v6 and it has 152,000 miles on it. Here are the two problems.
>>
>> 1. While driving about 30 to 40 minutes into the ride, the air stops

>coming
>> into passenger compartment. The fan seems to be just the same speed, as it

>is
>> making the same noise, but just a whisper of air comes thru the vents. It

>is
>> nice and cold, though. If I turn the A/C off for oh, say 10 - 15

>minutes,
>> turn it back on, it will blow fine for approx. another 30 minutes or so.

>Very
>> odd.
>>
>> 2. Now a new problem, the A/C is only working intermittently. I live in
>> Oklahoma, so the A/C is on all summer, now sometimes when I start the car

>it
>> works, other times it doesn't. When it works it is nice and cold, and

>blows
>> fine (for 30 minutes).
>>
>> Any ideas? And thanks a lot in advance for any help provided.

The fan blowing but little air coming means that the evaporator is
iced up. Stopping the A/C for a few minutes will let the ice melt.
This means that the A/C compressor is not cycling off and on because
the temp sensor at the evapoartor is not working as it should.