Old October 10th 04, 04:51 AM
BeeP

Default Armrest - early Voyager/Caravan

I am trying to switch around some components to make one car out of 2
('86 & "85). One car has great mechanicals - one car has beautiful
interior. Same color.
Among the trim challenges: Armrest is badly worn thru on driver
bucket seat - construction looks the same as middle seat armrest on
the other car.
How to remove the armrest?
Does anyone know how these were assembled? (and therefore
dis-assembled). Armrest pivots on a pin attached to a plate that
screws into side of seat back. The 3 plate screws are near impossible
to reach, which leads me to think that armrest ass'y might have been
press fit onto pivot pin after plate was attached to seat. I
unzippered the covering but found no way to separate armrest from
pivot pin. Covering does not slip off; pivot pin is in the way. Any
ideas apreciated.
I know this qualifies as minutia, especially for cars this old, but I
am hoping someone out there has some experience on interior trim for
these models.
My guess is that this same design was used for a few years after '86.
Thanks, gang....
Bob

---