Old October 17th 04, 09:37 PM
dave

>From: "Sm704"
>
>"dave" > wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Now which position is the switch in when you apply pressure and the radio

>comes
>> on?
>> Is the ign. switch in the 'ON' position?

>No, it's in the 'OFF' position.

Then I would suspect that you have the same problem I did with my 91 Passat
ign. switch (electrical).
I would guess that center main spring inside has broken or lost it's tension
and you have to press down on the key/lock further to make an electrical
connection.
This would cause the '
I-left-the-key-in-the-ign-switch-and-opened-the-driver's-door ' reminder buzzer
to sound and also supply power to components in the car like the radio.

Replace ign. switch (electrical) before it fails possibly leaving you stranded
somewhere.
Or at least carry a spare one with a phillips screwdriver.

I could be wrong though. <g>
Let us know what happens.
later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris