Old June 24th 05, 03:51 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 02:51:37 GMT, MUADIBŪ
> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:40:18 -0500, "johnboy" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Christian M. Mericle" > wrote in message
>>news >>
>>>
>>> Okay. What's the long answer?

>>Everything goes to hell, fast. Scored, destroyed bearing surfaces, warped
>>heads,
>>cylinders, stuck pistons, and sometimes an oil fire for good measure.
>>

>And the case halves got ot hell in handbasket
>too............everything that needs cooling to stay alive and weell
>dies a quick death.

The original poster said he drove it 10 miles before stopping. I
imagine it doesn't take that long for significant damage to begin. I
know there are a lot of variables but how soon does that "quick death"
start?

If I'm driving along and the generator light pops on but I don't
notice it for two miles, is my motor a goner?

-- Christian

<snip>

Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2