Old July 17th 05, 06:40 PM
Dick

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:09:45 -0500, Frank Boettcher
> wrote:

>Yes, the term "leafing" related to metallic coatings exists. I'm only
>experienced with it in powder coatings and don't know if it is also in
>liquid coatings. But I do know that if it is used without clear coat
>it will not work. While it looks fine when initially applied, the
>aluminum comes to the surface and can be rubbed off giving an
>inconsistent look. When immediatley clearcoated, it is absolutley
>beautiful and durable. The original poster asked about the term. I
>was offering clarification.
>
>No, I've never seen it in automotive (after market) coatings, but,
>while I've painted several cars (most recently a '90 Accord with a
>Dupont metallic), I've not looked extensively to know that it is not
>offered.
>
>No intention to offend,
>
>Frank

I am the OP. When I take the car in tomorrow, I will ask about the
term he used and report it back to this thread.

I can't believe what they charge for the paint for Honda's. We had
only the hood and front bumper cover painted and the paint material
alone was $400. Would hate to think of what it would cost to paint a
house with that paint! :-)

Dick