Old May 9th 05, 12:52 AM
Joey Tribiani

"P.J. Berg" > wrote in message news:M8xfe.3352

> The realy sad part here is that is infact you who are wrong!! You are
> simply not using an accurate enough gauge...

not true PJ....as i said i've had the training....and trust me tire
technology is not a "close enough" field....i do indeed have a racing guage
at the raceshop that reads on a 1/4psi scale...however its not necessary as
the guage i used shows the same result over and over...the numbers are
unimportant, the repitition is what counts... Dan stated the pressures would
go up, they did not...if they do not register on a guage that reads
infinitely even between the marked psi marks, then its not happening...

> Simple physics.. And tire design..

Key words "tire design"...this i am educated in...

>Can you agree that cylinder
> pressure increases when the piston moves upwards with valves close? Same
> thing with a tire being loaded, but the walls flex more(Cylinder walls
> flex too, just on a nano scale..)

sure i can agree with that and it is apples to oranges...a tire is *RUBBER*
and it is supposed to stretch and flex...a cylinder is not...the piston
makes the volume in the cylinder decrease, so the pressure *has* to go
up....not so in a tire....a *properly* inflated tire(at the minimum side)
will show no difference in the pressures when the weight it is designated to
carry(at that psi) is placed on it.....

> Now before you go ranting and spweing more threads using swearwords and
> name calling, just relax sit down and think about what I just wrote...

and you do the same...keep the apples out of the orange bowl...

> By the way, same goes for a baloon, step on it and pressure will
> increase before it bursts, although on a minute scale..

and i did state this....*initially* the pressure will go up when stepped on,
while the skin stretches...the overall gain is nothing....as i stated not
once, but several times....*I* am not the one in over my head here, i am
fully aware of tire construction(anyone here ever seen a manufacturing plant
and seen the stages a tire goes through? quite interesting...i not only had
that in training, but later while installing machinery in our local yokohama
plant(mitsubishi tire presses/autobookers/beadwinders).....) and have been
properly trained...my "theories" are based on this training as well as
experience, not "well if you think about it, it has to
do....xxx...x...x...x..x"..... BS is BS and i called it....PJ try the "test'
in your own driveway.... i did again today on my workvan...had the rear on
jackstands and completely unloaded....(around 1000LBS of
tools/equipment).....40psi in the tires...care to know what it reads *now*
that it is fully loaded again and back on the ground?