Old July 19th 05, 05:20 AM
bottledoctor

Default 88 accord DX trans locked up in 'PARK'

Only 75k on this oldie. However, drove it into
my driveway friday evening & all was normal.
Wife went out sat am & engine fired up fine,
steering wheel released, BUT she couldn't get
the trans out of park.. I removed the front console cover & removed the
shift adjuster lock pin. The shift lever is working fine but that
shift cable seems to be frozen.. Haven't been UNDER the auto yet but i'd
like to know what i'm looking for under there before I go thru the
ropes of getting under the car.Can't move it very
easy with it stuck in park.. I do have the thick SHOP manual for the auto
& so far i've found
nothing on my problem. Just lots of FINE photos..
Is there anyone out there familiar with this problem? Appreciate any
input..

thx, jim