Old August 17th 06, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom Sanderson

Default how far can you drive bmw without stopping?

> wrote:
> how far can you drive bmw without stopping?

> it's a fair question, i think. could someone point me in the right
> direction?
>
> i'm gonna be moving home for good. it's a 12.5 hour drive (roughly 850
> miles). so, i'd like to know if there's a recommended way of handling
> the drive.
>
> i have a 1999 323i.

Well, when I had to go cross country with my '97 318i, I could get 600 miles
per tank if I sucked it nearly dry. That's on open Internstate,
cruisecontrol at 70 mph the whole time.

If your 323i has an instantaneous fuel economy display, get yourself in a
nice level open road, put it in cruise at the speed you're going to do your
trip, and see what you're getting. Then just multiply that by your tank
capacity and you should be close.

Tom.