Old January 9th 05, 02:17 AM
Byron Forbes

"alex martini" > wrote in message
.. .
> control simracing? That's a little rich - FILSCA's nothing mroe than teh
> work of a few guys over the course of a few years to facilitate leagues

and
> keep drivers' stats for life - and all of it for free. The idea that

anyone
> wants to control sim racing is a bit much; though i imagine there are

those
> (no names mentioned) who would, given the opportunity, seek to control our
> beloved sim-sport for profit. Filsca cannot make a profit since it's a
> not-for-profit club and cannot, legally, show an income. What's more,

filsca
> is not owned by anyone except the member leagues - which are, in turn,
> 'owned' by their drivers - as such, filsca cannot 'take over' anything

since
> filsca is the sim racers and is owned, 100%, by its members. As such, the
> idea that it can take over sim racing is, as said, fanciful at best. What
> filsca does do, however, is empower its own members to protect simracing
> from the vultures that always circle around any 'sport' for profit.

It seems there's as much competition off the track as there is on!
When they make a show of jealously like that you know you're on the right
track.

I personally wish you a lot of luck with FILSCA. I don't see why anyone
should be threatened by you - you are both unique and overdue. Drivers can
go there and find a league taylor made for them. League admins can go there
and see how other leagues do things and learn from each other. I really look
forward to seeing you grow and develope into a valuable and exciting
resourse for all - who knows, you might even take over all of sim racing!
LOL.