Old August 17th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ray

Default Determining mileage on a van

wrote:
> Sorry, my message was unclear. The odometer reads 10,000 kms. I'm
> told it's really 110,000, but would like a way to get a sense whether
> that could be 220,000 of even 320,000 (not unlikely on a vehicle that
> old...)
>
>> So you think the van might actually have 1,110,000 kms? Seems unlikely. That
>> is almost 700,000 miles. I know those old Dodge vans were reliable, but
>> almost a million miles???????????

my 2 cents... on a 20+ year old vehicle, the odometer reading is the
least of your concerns. By now, either the vehicle is 20km away from
the junkyard, or it's been already rebuilt twice over...

If you're not mechanically inclined, I'd get someone who is to evaluate
the vehicle for you. If you are, assume it has 310,000 km and look for
things that will make you "run away..."

Ray