Old July 21st 05, 05:08 PM
Bruce Chang

"Comboverfish" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bruce Chang wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure you already know this but you're using R134a and Freon
>> synonymously in your posts. It should be noted that Freon refers to R12.

> Dupont invented the name Freon to encompass several CFCs AFAIK. I use
> the word freon just like I call colored wax sticks crayons.
> 'Refrigerant' takes longer to type esp. when you are using the word
> alot!

Then I guess I should have said, "R134a is not Freon". I agree that it
takes a lot longer to type refridgerant but I didn't want to perpetuate the
misconception that all refridgerants can be referred to as Freon.

If you're using Freon like you use the word crayon, then you should realize
that crayons aren't trademarked by Crayola. A crayon IS a colored wax
stick. I think you meant something like "band-aid" or "Xerox" or "Kleenex".
That was my point in mentioning the use of Freon as a generic term for
refridgerant when it doesn't encompass all refridgerants, in particular
R134a.