Old August 23rd 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
stvnjns

Default '01 Civic Headliner/Visor Deteriorating

wrote:
> The grey 'upholstery' on my 01Civic Coupe sun-isors and the interior
> headliner are deteriorating. The visors look like something has 'eaten
> holes' in it in several places. And the headliner cloth is beginning to
> seperate acoss the edge near both windshield and back window. I live
> in Florida and the car is subject to some pretty hot temps, but I
> usually leave my windows cracked slightly. Regardless, I'm surprised
> that this is occuring in a car only 6 years old. A local auto
> upholstery shop told me that the foam backing on the headliner and
> cloth has deteriorated...it's a common problem.

I had the same problem in 97 Civic. Used sun shades rigorously ~ in
California, but to no avail. You can get replacement parts at
"HondaPartsDeals.com". These worked out well. I have since got
darkest legal tinting I can on my new Accord. Still using shades!
Good Luck.