Old September 12th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default "Gas prices sinking - fill 'er up!" (America, the superficial)

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), R. Lander said in
rec.autos.driving:
> > > The fact is, $3+/gallon gas has been the only motivation for the
> > > average fool to conserve fuel and stop buying ego-tanks.

> > So what?

> "So what?" is the hallmark of the brain-dead. You're illustrating my
> point perfectly.

Typical left winger. Someone refuese to buy your propaganda, resort to
name calling. No wonder the Republicans have been kicking ass in the
elections of the last 10 years or so.

> > > Watch as SUV
> > > sales spike in coming months. These people don't care where oil is
> > > coming from or what it's doing to the climate, as long as they can
> > > "fill 'er up!" and go about their self-centered business.

> > If you don't watch out for yourself, don't expect anybody else to.

> Same mentality as above. You're afraid to think, or just too selfish.

See above. Anyone who refuses to bow down to your dogma is "afraid to
think," or "selfish."

> > > If we really want to curb global warming and pollution, shouldn't we be
> > > somewhat grateful for anything that forces us to do it?

> > The air is cleaner now than any time in the last 80 years.

> That's propaganda. Most of those comparisons date back to the 70s
> before fuel injection and smog requirements. Population growth is
> cancelling out cleaner engine technology, especially in growing towns.
> It all depends on the comparison dates and what region you're talking
> about. Boise, Idaho is a good example of rising air pollution and noise
> pollution. Growthmania ensures the trend will continue.

Cite?

> > But what are YOU doing about it?

> More than you, I'm sure. Why ask a question when you don't even care
> about the answer? You're just displaying shallowness.

Evasion of the issue duly noted.

** P * L * O * N * K **

--
"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election,
the people who count the votes do."