Old November 14th 04, 10:38 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"SBlackfoot" > wrote in message

> I can't see the timing belt having jumped, it ran decently when I had to
> take it into Toronto the other night. It felt like it was bogging down

upon
> decelleration but that was likely just me looking for something wrong.
>
> I'm not the least bit familair with the Mitsubishi engine. How would I

check
> the crank position sensor or the cam sensor?

Use a scope and a timing light. Don't forget to put the car on a sisemic
shake table to simulate the vibration normally felt by the sensors during
operation. And don't forget to use heatlamps to simulate typical underhood
temperatures. Note: don't put the scope on the shake table.

May I gently brain you with a 2x4 here? You just stated you aren't familar
with the engine in question. Don't you think that by now it might possibly
be
a good idea to GET familiar with it? Such as reading the factory service
manual for the vehicle? Or do you LIKE just replacing every part in the
vehicle until you stumble over the problem by accident? If so, why don't
you buy another '93 GV and just start exchanging parts one at a time
until the entire engine and drivetrain has been exchanged. Surely you
would have a good chance of finding the problem part that way!!

You should be taking the advice here as a pointer to look in the section
of the service manual that covers what you were pointed to. It is just a
start. Not an end.

Ted