Old July 13th 05, 04:00 AM
The Real Bev

"C. E. White" wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > If you are sitting at the light and dont turn on the red, someone is
> > going to ram the rear of your car. Just because you dont have a life
> > or a schedule. other people do. Someone is a big truck will ram you
> > and smash the rear end of your car like an accordian. If you cant
> > handle turning on a red, go to your local DOT office and surrender
> > your drivers license. You are not capable of driving.

> Hopefully you are not serious. How many people are on such tight schedules
> that waiting an extra 20 seconds at a light is going to ruin their life?

How many people is the sitter holding up? Multiply that by every time he has
to turn right. While I wouldn't ram a jerk who sat there for three minutes of
NO cross traffic waiting for the light to go green, I'd sure honk at him.

As a bicyclist, I see a lot of this. Adding a bicycle to the equation seems
to freak them out even more. I used to turn around and motion them to go
ahead while I was waiting to go straight, but that gets old after a while.

Right on red is legal in most states now. Anybody know where it still isn't?

--
Cheers,
Bev