Old January 27th 05, 12:30 AM
Derrick Hudson

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:51:09 -0800, Jeff Strickland wrote:
> The obvious answer is to multiply by 12 to convert feet to inches,

Yes, that is the conclusion from the proof I gave.

> but I had
> this nagging thought in the back of my mind that said 12 inch pounds isn't a
> foot pound. I don't know where this thought came from, or why I am carrying
> it around, but I needed to get it verified.

That thought comes from noticing that "foot" and "foot-pound" are
different units and then being unsure how the "pounds" portion affects
the conversion. I too thought "multiply (or divide) by 12" was too
simple and therefore must be wrong, until I worked out the proof :-).

-D

--
He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord.