Old October 28th 04, 01:45 AM
Kidd Andersson

Default CV Joints - New to group

Hey. The CV joints in my 97 Civic are toast and I need new brake pads.
My questions are;
How hard are the CV joints to replace by myself? As in, is it necessary to coax
someone else into helping with the promise of beer and cookies, or can I save
the beer and cookies for myself?

Should I go ahead and replace the CV boot too? Or can I get just the rubber
pieces that fit in the ends or do you have to buy the boot to get them?

Would it be any easier to replace the front brake pads while I'm doing the CV
joints or is it just as easy to do it seperately?

Sorry for all the questions but I've never worked on anything except beetles so
I'm a little clueless stepping into the water-cooled arena. The Honda's a
completely different world to me.
Thanks in advance,
Kidd
"We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump
off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."