Old June 27th 05, 04:38 PM
Remco

> >Maintaining a car isn't rocketscience so you can do it as well. Don't sell
> >the bug but give it a chance. You just have to teach yourself how. I take it
> >you're doing programming sort of stuff, so you know how to read a tech
> >manual, right? Now you will get your hands (and manual) dirty as your read.

> In the Computer workd we have a saying,.... RTFM
> It stands for "Read the F-ing Manual" The problem is that most of us
> don't like to read the manual. Bu tin this case I think I'm going to
> have to. I'm also going to have to clean out the garage of all the
> computer parts to make room in there for the Bug and a set of tools
> <G>. I've ordered the Bently's Book,.. 2 copies,... one for the house
> and then one for the garage that I'm sure will be covered in grease
> and oll by the end of this summer <G>.

You got the idea.
Most of us here do not work on cars for a living and many (including
myself) are actually computer/engineering geeks during the day time,
just like you

At the end of the day it is great to do something totally different. If
you like solving problems and tinkering with stuff, you'll like working
on bugs.

With the 4th of July coming up, Sears usually has decent tools on sale.
You'll need a decent set of metric wrenches, a good socket set, some
good hand tools. Also a solid jack and stands are a must.
Oh, and some good pumice based hand cleaner and some liquid band-aid
<G>

Remco