Old July 18th 05, 02:32 PM
George

> The tow-truck drivers know which shops stay open late.
>
> Nowadays, it takes a fully-equipped professional to *optimize* a
> vehicle's performance.
>
> It does NOT take a pro, to do basic inspections that will AVOID a
> show-stopping "breakdown."
>
> I think most folks over in the auto groups would agree with me that, if
> you religiously follow the manufacturer's stated maintenance
> timetables, you will never have a "breakdown".

Impossible and here is an example. I keep my vehicles well maintained. I
was driving at highway speed on the Interstate on a busy Friday
afternoon when the engine simply stopped. Fortunately I was in the far
left lane so I was able to coast off the road without cutting thru
traffic. I had the car towed in to the garage. It started and ran OK.
The computer did not have any stored codes. They eventually found a
failing crankshaft position sensor.