Old November 9th 04, 01:56 AM
Steve Grauman

>I keep hoping for the day that an earthquake causes the entire state
>to break off and float away...

Gee thanks from us here in Cali. I'm not really sure why anyone who lives
elsewhere would care what we do here in California. Although the emissions and
related laws here seem ridiculous, keep in mind that this is literally the car
capitol of the world. The average family owns 2 cars in this state and nearly
40 million people live here. The pollution in Los Angeles and the surrounding
areas has gotten nearly 70% BETTER since the late 1960s and that's largely the
result of the seemingly silly laws. And the bottom line is that the market for
cars like TDIs is so small that few people know or care about the regulations.
Steve Grauman