Old November 8th 04, 06:03 PM
Larry

No...you can't bring in a "new" TDI to Calif, as the car is not Calif
Emissions Certified. Should you try and get around your Calif residency,
you will need to be a cash buyer, as financing will be impossible to obtain,
and you will need an out of state residence address to use. In addition, you
would get the double hit for sales taxes, as Calif will come after you for
the 7.xx% upon bringing a car from out of state. You can bring in a used
TDI, that has over 7500 miles on the odometer and save the depreciation hit
as well, as well as paying only for Calif taxes.

m...