Old July 22nd 05, 06:45 PM
FFF

Jan Kalin wrote:

>In article >, FFF wrote:
>

>>daytripper wrote:

>>>[snipped]
>>>
>>>why do you think this isn't entirely normal behavior?
>>>

>>I guess I did not give enough details, even after the engine was cold,
>>the fan would continue to run, The battery would eventually exhaust
>>itself if I did not disconnect the power to the fan.
>>It is NOT normal behaviour because after 48 hours of not using the
>>vehicle, I plugged the connector back in and the fan continued to run
>>with no key in the ignition.
>>
>>Disregard my request for help. I started disconnecting all sensors on
>>the engine with the fan running, 5 hours after I shut the engine down
>>(engine cold) I found that the connector at the front of the engine
>>lined up parallel to the axle just under the valve cover did the trick.
>>I reinserted it and the fan shut off. I wish I knew which sensor this
>>was. It is also located on the exhaust side of the engine.
>>

>Logic says it measures water temperature. From behaviour I'd say the
>sensor's resistance increases with temperature, so with the connector off
>(infinite resistance) it assumes that nuclear fusion is taking place in
>your engine and it attempts to cool it down.
>
>You can check out parts for your car by going to
>http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do and entering your car's data.

I followed the link but was unable to find any data that would help. At
this link there is an ad to sell trouble shooting manual but after
paying the $18.99 was unable to download the manual and the contact us
link where I sent two questions was also ignored, I cancelled my order
because I need my car and can't wait around while the internet gods work
to complete transactions.

Still driving around with no fan ..................................
overheat?