Old June 29th 05, 06:58 PM
nosmo

My wife had a 91 Jetta with Digifant.
It served her very well for 11 years before trading to a new VW.
It was absolutely gutless from day one to when it was sold.
The engine felt like it had no more than 50 HP.
I personally checked and re checked everything I could in those 11 years.
Everything was within spec.
The head gasket went at about 150,000 kms.
I personally did the job, and very carefully checked the head when off the
car, personally re grinding the valves etc, etc.
Mechanically that car was perfect and the ignition timing etc bang on.
I always blamed the Digifant as I could never find anything else.
david