Old May 29th 05, 05:48 AM

>Sounds like the beginning of a really decent business to me. All those
>folks coming through as tourists will need some laptop software issues
>fixed.............Sounds like a nice little extra income to me.
>Sitting in a tourist spot is either love it or leave it territory
>though, So I guess I understand the "board up the windows" philosophy.

People on vacation don't bring their laptops,... unless you are like
me <G>. when most people think of Watkins Glen they picture a
backwoods country setting,... and except for NASCAR weekend it is. But
what they don't know is that there are all kinds of WiFi Hotspots that
allow you to check your email or surf the net for free,.. The true
Computer geeks no about them but the average joe has no clue <G>.
Besides,.. I hate working on laptops!!!!!

>................................................. .......................................,.. my
>>house is about 100 feet from Main street and about a block from the
>>starting line <G>.
>>
>>http://www.grandprixfestival.com/
>>

>What A great mix of old cars on the website !
>
>( I could be envious of your locality......just a little )

From what I've been told,.. our vintage race is the "Biggie" for the
vintage race fans,.. sort of the Daytona 500 of Vintage racing <G>.
People come from all over the world for this one weekend and Friday is
the big day to come. Even the local schools get out at noon,... mostly
I think because there is no way the busess can move around with all
that traffic <G>.

But it is well worth seeing this event at least once,.. You can't
imagine what it's like watching 200 old race cars drive into town. the
noise is deafening and smell of oil and smoke,.. it's amazzing. they
all come in around 4pm and the reinactment goes down at about 6pm,..
so all you have to do is walk down the street to see all these cars
and even talk to their owners. If I had the time I would digitize a
few video clips and post them for everyone to see,.. But my wife's
Grandmother died this morning and that means we will be running around
doing the funeral thing,... so I won't be back at my PC till at least
Thursday afternoon,.. so maybe I will try something then if you are
interested.

Ken