Old May 28th 05, 04:30 PM
Tim Rogers

> wrote in message
>
> I'm lucky in the fact that my mechanic is not a theif,.. anyone who
> knows vintage road racing will recognise the Village of Watkins Glen.
> And if you know that then you might even know the name Lester Smalley
> who was one of the key people involved in racing here in Watkins. My
> Mechanic is the son of Lester Smalley and his shop is the same one
> that was used back in the 50's for the tech inspection. When you walk
> into his shop you are apt to see a 2004 Toyota sitting next to a 50's
> erra MG. Tom's passion is for the old cars and is real excited about
> my buying this bug. He even has an old 73 sitting in his barn that he
> is offering me parts from since he just wants the engine. He is a good
> Man and I'm lucky to have him.

..................Hey Ken, I'm in the Binghamton area (Vestal) and I drive a
'77 bug almost every day during the warm months. I also have two other
'projects' - a '66 bug in my garage and a '70 in the backyard that might get
parted out this summer. I've been to WG several times over the years and I
envy anyone who actually lives there!

BTW.........my 17 year old is the starting right guard on the HS football
team that's coming to WG on the Sat. after Labor Day to kick some WG
butt.......lol