Old July 19th 05, 03:53 PM
NoName

Unbeknownst to ME, I sort of figured that if I paid $16 for a Wagner bulb (the size of which I can buy at China-Mart for about $6-$7), I might just get a bulb with WAGNER on it. It would be very "cost effective" for a shop to get bulb boxes from an outside source, put an inexpensive bulb in it, and then sell it for twice as much as retail from a deep discounter. I don't care if the bulb is made by GE, or Philips, Wagner, LUX SIT, or Edison Bulbworks. I am NOT terribly informed about many brands. Having said THAT -- If I pay for a Sony TV and there is a "Kasawanga" TV inside the box when I get it home, I sort of wonder if i was hoodwinked?

That is all I was trying to determine.
Heck, all this controversy just trying to make a small purchase at a shop that is trying to make a go of it.
If I was ONLY trying to get the cheeeeepest, i could have gone to Wal~Mart and purchased a Philips/GE 9005XS shrink-wrapped bulb, parked a mile from the front door, fought insane crowds and stood in line for ten minutes to pay for it. I am not unhappy paying more for the correct item in my neighborhood, unless I make myself the victim of some retailers skullduggery

Lets have a great DAY!

To be quite irritable about it, I am amazed that Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth engineered the goofy headlamp assembly in such a manner that the hi beams can be easily exchanged (about 30 seconds), while the low beam bulbs (which no doubt need replacing much more frequently) require that the headlight assembly(s) be removed from the vehicle just to GET to the point of removing the defective bulb. THAT only takes about ten or so minutes per side, after you drop a nut or two, and have to retrieve the nut from where it rests IF YOU CAN EVEN SEE it. I won't mention that fact that the radiator overflow container must be removed on the passenger side (2000 T&C minivan) to remove the right side headlight assembly. That just makes my fingers twitch at the keyboard <vbg>