Old May 5th 05, 10:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Default Does sun bake rubber trim?

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Leon wrote:

> My friend got a job in Florida (West Palm Beach) and is afraid to take
> his new 530 BMW with him because "it's too hot down there". He is afraid
> that the sun will bake out the plasticizers from the rubber trim that is
> designed for colder German weather. What do you suggest?

I suggest your friend get over his prissy widdle self. If he's losing so
much sleep over the inevitable eventual deterioration of his pwecious BMW
(by rust in the North, by UV in the South), then he should sell the car
and obtain whatever his ignorant little brain considers better suited to
the sunny climate in Florida.