Old March 15th 05, 11:57 PM
Jeff Strickland

Actually, no, it is a Toyota Truck. But the OBDII information on this site,
http://www.wattora.com/Mods/OBDII/, says that all vehicles use mostly the
same codes. So, if a vehicle makes a P0440, then all vehicles that make the
code have the same problem and all vehicles that have the problem make the
same code. There are some codes that are manufacturer specific, and I am
ignoring these for the moment.

Having said that, I notice several descrepancies in the link I posted and
the one you posted so I must not fully understand all that I think I know.

All I was saying is that in the link you posted, there is a code, P0439 that
says two different things. The second thing it says is really code P0440. I
am sure this is nothing more than a typo on the part of whomever created the
list, and the proofreaders were simply dizzy from all of the data that looks
nearly identical from one line to the next.

And, it turns out my daughter's gas cap tossed up a 440, 441, and 446 if
anybody cares.

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Hi Jeff,
> Dodge truck? I don't have the chart for their numbers, they may
> like other Chrysler products such as the Cruiser:
> http://www.ptcruizer.com/computer-codes.html of which 442, 455, and 457
> are similar numbers to the Grand Cherokee we were talking about, of
> which a loose cap may have thrown P0442, P0455 P0456, P0457, and/or
> P0624: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
> >
> > Because in the past 6 weeks the Check light came on on my daughter's

truck,
> > and the code was P0440. There were other codes as well, but they all

related
> > to an open in the fuel system somewhere. She said that she found the gas

cap
> > not fitted properly, and this can contribute to the other codes we got.

We
> > got three codes in total, but I only remember the P0440 without looking

at
> > the choices.
> >
> > All I was pointing out was that the link you posted, just by chance,

lists
> > two P0439 codes, but the second of them should be P0440. P0440 simply

means