Old March 12th 05, 01:43 AM
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

In article
. net>,
says...

> > > I am simply stunned at the number of positive responses supporting a tax
> > > collector building roadblocks in the middle of a damn high speed

> roadway.
> >
> > The toll booth doesn't need to be in the middle of the roadway. The NJ
> > Turnpike, which is part of I-95, has tolls that you pay as you exit.
> >

> Do you have to STOP to pay the toll? Yes or no? It's still a roadblock,
> even if it's relocated. -Dave

That is why you need to get into the 21st century, and
invite Big Brother into your car, to keep track of your
movements with a multi-jurisdiction toll transponder.
Later, it will be replaced with a GPS logging device
for tracking your total distance driven (ostensibly to
prevent hybrid and electric cars from avoiding road
taxes for non-toll roads [and that logging will go way
deeper than just total distance..]) How conveeeenient!

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/