Old January 2nd 05, 12:02 AM
John

"Brian Orion" > wrote in message
> I have heard that a scoop in the middle of the hood is NOT
> functional.Primary reason is that at speed,the flow of air is sent OVER
> this location after inpacting the front of the car.This is supposedly
> why GM came up with the reverse scoop facing the windshield (on what,the
> firebird?)

Cowl induction on the Chevelles and el Caminos. Firebirds had the scoops
placed way up on the front of the hood. Olds had their intakes under the
front bumper.
Also, Chrysler raised their front-facing scoops about an inch to place them
into that deflected airflow. Of course this was on non aerodynamic styles.
Today's vehicles are so areodynamic I'd thing the flush-mount scoop would
work fine.

--
John