Old January 1st 05, 06:56 PM
JS

The 1984 Mustang GT employed this as well. I'm still not sure it really
helps . I know there's a little air pressure there, but the idea is to get
the ram-air effect, which is impossible if it has to curl back behind the
scoop.

I doubt that all of the air is directed above the middle of the hood, and
that it depends on the shape of the nose. The more aerodynamic the nose,
the more air that will be travelling straight down the hood.

JS