Old December 30th 04, 04:09 PM

Default hood scoop theory 101 ??

My baby is finally done at the body shop.The shelby side scoops and
mach1 hoodscoop look awsome! I was perswaded not to cut a hole in the
hood for a hoodscoop for 2 reasons. compromising the structural
integrity might cause flexing that could warp the hood and damage the
paint job. and i was told, dont know if true, that theres so much air
comin thru the radiator anyway that it would actualy force air back out
the hood scoop. can anyone confirm that?

also with nonfunctional side scoops and hood scoop im worried how they
will affect the car at speed. ive read that all factory mach1 hood
scoops are nonfunctional, tho have seen a pic of one that was, so it
cant be that bad. im sure they would take a second or two off quarter
mile time. eventually i want to do some fabrication and make the side
scoops functional but just thinking about the now.

Thanks,