Old July 8th 05, 10:36 PM
Andy Chang

I don't know, I took it to a Honda Dealer and they seemed to think it is
the water pump, but all this diagnosis seemed a little fishy because I did
asked about a timing belt and water pump change a few days prior to today's
"diagnostic". They recommend changing the timing belt and water pump and a
$350 valve maintainance and they said this might not even be the problem and
that I might have a timing belt tensioner problem and worst yet, they said
Honda Care would not cover all this because this is normal maintanance. I
called Honda Care and they told me that if the engine is making noise, then
they will cover it. It all seemed too fishy so I'm taking my problem to the
dealer whom I broght the car from.
But anyway, doesn't the VTEC kicks in at around 5600 RPM? Would a bad
valve train 'cause persistance noise at a small range of constant engine
RPM?

Andy

ps.com...