Old October 28th 04, 10:10 PM
Scott

I am probably way off base here, cuz I don't know that much about cars,
but I had what I think is a similar problem in my '91. I corrected the
problem by removing some air from the power steering system. I read in
one of my repair manuals, not factory, a simple method of removing air.
If I remember correctly, and I probably don't, I removed the cap from
where you place power steering fluid, turned the engine one, and turned
the steering wheel gently back and forth. I don't remember if I turned
the wheel completely to one side or not, but I did it several times,
turned off the engine, replaced the cap, and went for a ride. The
problem disappeared. If I remember, my original complaint was that when
driving the car the steering felt very sloppy, not as crisp as it once
was. Now it is back to normal.