Old May 26th 05, 10:52 PM

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >Matthew Russotto wrote:
> >> In article .com>,

> >> Depends on who is doing the accounting.

> >How?

> The usual trick is simply to count the cost of the patrols, but not to
> count the revenue from traffic fines and (especially) the associated fees.

I cannot find any info on WA state that suggests that the State Patrol
is citation-revenue positive. They only get 32% of the ticket revenue,
while the locale in which the ticket is written gets 68%.

If you can find data that somehow supports your assertion that citation
revenue wholly pays for State Patrol operations, I'd love to see it.

Start with any state.

E.P.