Old May 20th 05, 02:37 PM
SharkMan

Hello Jim,

Please see my response to boB. I think most of your questions are
answered there. By economy, I am saying that with tight gas
allocation, I need gearing that will be able to make the tank last the
length of the race.

I am not a street racer. I will be running only in SCCA sanctioned
events. I mis-typed in my previous response, it is the Nevada Silver
State Classic. These are the types of races I will be running. The
distances vary between 90 to 125 miles. So I am looknig for the
gearing that will make the 22 gal fuel cell last to the finish line.
The last thing I want to do is not finish by running out of gas. I am
not sure what the fuel consumption will be just yet. The dry empty
weight of the car is around 2400 pounds. I also will have a race-built
331 available shortly meaning Race gas only. The 347 is all SFI
approved, but the engine will run on 92 octane gasas an emergency
back-up car. I.E. when my daily driver is in the shop.

I hope this makes a litle more sense now.

Thanks for your advice,

David