Old March 14th 05, 01:36 PM

wrote:

> [...]

(liability

and
> > not

> it.

> second

first
> > car,

cost
> > of

> > insurance

> case
> > it

> yet

for
> > the

> > liability

> pays

> > coverage

> > matter). I

> car.

> car.

> my
> > POS

(zero)
> of

So
> if

> the
> > >
> > > And if you wreck your first car, and then drive the second car?

> > How is that different than me wrecking my first car, and then

buying
> > and driving a new car? Or me getting a rental car?

> You have to insure your new car before you can drive it.

Let me break it down. I have a car, and pay 1 insurance. I wreck the
car. I now buy a new car, and transfer my insurance to my new car. I am
only paying 1 insurance the entire time.

> > I don't have to pay
> > 2 insurance policies in either of those cases.

> Yes you do. Even if the rental car company insures the car, you are
> paying for it (indirectly).

Not true. When i rent a rental car my insurance covers the rental car.
I'm still just paying one insurance.

> > Or if I drive my
> > neighbors car.

> Hopefully you neighbor insures his/her car.

My insurance is set up so I can drive any car (so long as I don't own
it), and if I wreck it my insurance will pay for it.

> > Liablility should be on the person, and collision should
> > be on the car.

> Why?

Because it is a rip off. The odds of me getting in a wreck have nothing
to do with how many cars I own. You think someone with 100 cars should
pay 100 liabilities because they are 100 times as likely to get in a
wreck? You think the number off cars someone owns determines the risk
they are going to get in a wreck?

> > > Other than that, obviously you can't drive both at the same time.

> > Just
> > > as obviously, you aren't driving one car exclusively, or you

> wouldn't
> > > need to insure the second car at all.
> > > While it would certainly be possible to come up with a rate

> schedule
> > > that would only have one premium for those who have two driven

> cars,
> > > it would still be as high.

> > In no case can I drive both at the same time. So I am only driving

> one
> > car at a time exclusively, so there is no need for a second

> liability.
> > And in no case is the insurance company out any more money. Can you
> > give me an example of how the insurance agency would be out more?
> >
> > What if I had a 100 cars. Are my odds of getting into a wreck any
> > higher than if I had 1?

> Actually yes.

Actually no. How are my odds any different? Just saying so is not
enough.

> > No. So there shouldn't be an increase in my
> > liability.

down
> > when

> > coverage