Old July 9th 05, 05:34 AM
C.H.

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 04:16:19 +0000, 223rem wrote:

> C.H. wrote:
>
>> And concerning the boy racers, around here most Camaro and Trans Am
>> drivers are in their thirties and forties and usually drive rather
>> responsibly,

> Here the Camaros and Mustangs and TransAms are the popular with the young
> rednecks who like them because they're cheap and have a lot of power--go
> fast in a straight line, but are not capable of much else.

You would be surprised, what the Camaro can do on the track, especially
with proper suspension tuning. It's definitely not the best handling car
in the world, but it handles much better than most of the 'I drove a
clapped-out 67 when I was young and it handled like ****, so Camaros don't
handle' crowd.

>> whereas the 350Z seems to be en vogue among the 'graduated ricers' who
>> want to rice out a nicer car than the fartpipe and parkbench equipped
>> POS Civics and Integras they had before.

> Exactly how are the 350Zs riced? There is no need to 'rice' a 350Z.

Then I must be imagining the park-bench spoilers, Nitto and Altered
Perceptionz stickers and preposterous ground effects that are fashionable
on the 350Z around here.

>> And unless you are completely stupid you select cars according to the
>> very same principles I use.

> LOL. Of course.
>
>> Maybe the 350Z is actually for you (i.e. you don't mind buying
>> performance tires with every oil change

> Where do you get this ****? Do you make it up?

No. The tire problem is well known and well documented (33000 hits for
'350Z tire problems'.

One of them is he

http://maintenance.autoblog.com/entry/8388518073116152/

Another one:

http://www.nissantireproblems.com/

You might want to try googling something before you go through the roof,
it's easier on the roof and doesn't make you look like an idiot when it
turns out you were wrong.

Chris