Old March 14th 05, 07:56 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-03-14, XS11E > wrote:
> Grant Edwards > wrote in
> :

>>> Does the lighter work with the car switched off?

>> No. The lighter socket is dead when the key is in the off
>> position.

> Same as my Jeep, that means that the solar charger will require a
> different wiring connection and it still probably won't be much good.

I've never understood the reasoning behind the decision to
allow the headlights to be on when the ignition is off and yet
shut down the cigarette lighter socket.

That's exactly opposite of what I (or anybody I've ever talked
to) wants. I have _never_ needed to have my headlights on with
the key off, yet I often wish I could power a cell phone or map
light or whatever with the key off.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Jesus is my
at POSTMASTER GENERAL...