Old July 14th 05, 10:18 PM
Dave Head

:

>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:48:13 -0700, "C.H." >
>> wrote:

om:

>>>No, I just want a reasonable state, where things involving
>>>unreasonably high risks are banned. And yacking on the cellphone
>>>involves an unreasonably high risk. Quadrupling the risk of killing
>>>someone over not yacking on the cellphone is unreasonable, especially
>>>considering that your babbling does not serve any constructive
>>>purpose.

>> My _having_ the cell phone serves the purpose of being able to report
>> accidents, house fires, drunk drivers, and lots other stuff that are
>> all net good effects.

>Which you can STILL DO,just not yakking while driving.

No, I _can't_ because once I can't use it where I spend _most_ of my time away
from landline opportunities, I won't _have_ it - I will have sold it and
canceled or non-renewed the contract.

>> But I guarantee you, if I can't use the cell
>> for the purposes that I bought it for, it will be history, and I'll be
>> saving $50 a month - and you'll be able to kiss all those good effects
>> goodbye - at least from _my_ cell - and I just might be the _only_
>> person around at some of these disasters...
>>
>> Dave Head
>>>
>>>Chris

>Well,it sounds like no great loss to the rest of us.after all,by your own
>admission,you don't make or receive that many calls.

Nope - only if I'm the one that rolls up on you while you're bleeding to death,
and there's not going to be anyone else around for the next half-hour or so,
and I have sold the cell phone.

Others will delete the cell phone from their lists of expenses, too, if they
can't use it where they most need it. This problem will _not_ be as isolated
as you might like it to be.

>And how many accidents or calls for help have you made so far???

Reported a drunk driver a couple years ago. Other than that, haven't had an
opportunity.

DPH