Old July 14th 05, 02:08 PM

Dave Head wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:21:55 -0700, "C.H." > wrote:
>

> >If your kid is likely to choke on vomit or get in trouble, sit in the back
> >seat with him and let someone else drive.

> Not my kid. I don't have any. But you know that the average parent is going to
> be turning around every few minutes to have a look. Doing otherwise might even
> be chargeable as "neglect", esp. if the rug-rat were to do exactly that and die
> of asphyxiation.

It's painfully clear that neither one of you knows the first damn thing
about transporting kids in the car.

1.) When properly strapped into car seats, the kids really can't get
into any trouble.

2.) A kid puking is *noisy*. You do not have to observe the
little'uns every two seconds to prevent this made-up tragedy.

3.) The *average* parent isn't doing anything like you describe. You
know, they sell these nifty little mirrors that let you observe
back-seat happenings without any more glance than is required to check
traffic. But you'd know that, if you had to transport kids in your car.

When you have kids, get back to us about what it's like to transport
them.

E.P. (Two kids, no danger to other drivers.)