Old July 14th 05, 07:22 AM
C.H.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:02:19 +0000, Dave Head wrote:

>>No, I just want a reasonable state, where things involving unreasonably
>>high risks are banned. And yacking on the cellphone involves an
>>unreasonably high risk. Quadrupling the risk of killing someone over not
>>yacking on the cellphone is unreasonable, especially considering that
>>your babbling does not serve any constructive purpose.

> My _having_ the cell phone serves the purpose of being able to report
> accidents, house fires, drunk drivers, and lots other stuff that are all
> net good effects.

No, your having your cellphone serves the purpose of you being able to
chat with your friends, reserve movie tickets and the like. How often have
you used it so far to save a bleeding man from death? Once in 30 years?
Oh, no, that was long before you got the cell. Guess what? You getting rid
of it won't change the chance of someone getting saved from bleeding one
bit.

> But I guarantee you, if I can't use the cell for the purposes that I
> bought it for, it will be history, and I'll be saving $50 a month - and
> you'll be able to kiss all those good effects goodbye - at least from
> _my_ cell - and I just might be the _only_ person around at some of
> these disasters...

You might but in reality you aren't gonna.

No one will miss you, old man.

Chris