Old March 4th 05, 05:51 AM
jaybird

"fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message
> "jaybird" > wrote
>> Now that one I did find a little info on, but not the legal statute.
>> From what I read the beggar hasn't comitted an assault, he just
>> aggressively panhandled. That looks like a separate offense. Also, (and
>> correct me if I'm wrong on this assumption) from what I read it is a city
>> ordinance, not a state law.

> That's kind of a weird statement. You'd enforce a state assault law
> but not a city/county one if it were more flexible/inclusive? You keep
> saying that "the law is the law", but now you're splitting hairs because
> one's in the city code and one's in the state?

No, no and I did say "correct me if I'm wrong". I re-read your post and you
did make the distinction that it was Seattle law. My intent was not to say
it shouldn't be enforced in the city, I just thought the statement had been
made that it was state law. Nevermind. The first part still stands though
that assault and aggressive panhandling are different offenses.

--
---
jaybird