Old December 14th 04, 03:07 PM

I did mine myself on a '94 325i (cos the transmission broke) & it took
a whole weekend. Clutch kit was about 120 UKP which I guess is about
US$3000 these days ..but didn't contain the pilot bearing (mine was
fine.)

Getting the exhaust & driveshaft off was easy enough but you need to
drop the engine down somewhat to get at the tranny bolts and the
starter motor bolts & that isn't a fun job.

The damping qualities of the flywheel were past their best and I really
should have put a new flywheel on too but it's not an option at 5pm on
a sunday when I need to be in work 100 miles away in the morning...
You might want to bear this in mind.

New shaft seals might be an idea if there's any sign of oil
contamination.